Sunday, November 14, 2010

Classic Colour Schemes and The Simpsons

To show how much of a colour geek this class has made me thus far, I give you this post. So I was watching the new episode of The Simpsons tonight, one of my favorite shows, and while watching noticed all the various colour schemes used in it. All the colours are high chromatic and use variations of all the classic colour schemes at once. A lot of cartoon use very primary, very pure colours, I'm assuming which started out in animation in order to keep children's attention but now seems to denote just a cartoon or animation, in and of itself.

The Simpsons Kitchen for example uses a triad colour scheme of purple, orange and green. Marge Simpson and Bart Simpson with their outfits both have the triad colour scheme as well. I've always liked the look of The Simpsons, and I knew the use of bright pure colours was one of the reasons that attracted me but now I'm wondering if the colour schemes have something to do with the visual appeal as well.



No comments:

Post a Comment